Saturday, June 10, 2006

I love scuba diving!

Wasn't sure what I would think about it, but after spending the last two days on the "Reef Encounter" boat on the Great Barrier Reef, I could really get used to this breathing underwater thing. Dave did a total of 6 dives, including a night dive, while I did 4. The coral and fish were beautiful, colorful and amazing. We even saw some sea turtles, rays and sharks (non-threatening, so don't worry). And Susan, be sure to tell Macy that we found Nemo. We have some pictures that I'm hopefully going to be able to post at some time. We're spending today in Cairns and will do some river rafting this afternoon.

After leaving Queenstown on Wednesday, we spent the afternoon in Auckland. We took the ferry across the harbor to Devenport to enjoy the view of the skyline and the neat area. Thursday we flew from Auckland to Sydney where we had a lengthy layover before flying to Cairns. So we took the train into the city for lunch in Circular Quay on Sydney Harbor. I was convinced that after seeing so many pictures of the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House that it wouldn't phase me too much to see them in person, but it was truly breathtaking. We enjoyed sitting outside and soaking up the sun and warmth, and then it was off to Cairns.

So next it's off to Uluru early tomorrow morning for a few days.

Sunday, June 11, noon

No comments: