Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In other news

We take a break from our regularly scheduled baby programming to bring you these other insights in Keeneyland.

Today Tony Blair steps down as British Prime Minister and Gordon Brown becomes the newest PM. In fact, I'm watching some of the coverage on BBC right now. Why the significance? In the fall of 2000 I spent a semester studying in London and spent most of my time interning at Hobsbawm Macaulay Communications PR agency under Sarah Macaulay who had just married Gordon Brown. People had told me he was the next in line to be PM, so it's kind of neat to see that happening now. It was a fun internship and the people I worked with did a great job of involving me in some great projects: the launch of a government report with Jack Straw, the Home Secretary (Secretary of State); the launch of an exhibit at the Victoria and Albert museum; and probably the highlight was a book launch on Downing Street. My semester in London as a whole was very memorable and important time in my life, so it's been fun to reminisce the last couple days as I've been following the news of the change in leadership.

No comments: