I managed to make these this morning even with Dave being out of town, so I felt compelled to share the recipe. I like that it doesn't bother with sifting, or combining wet and dry ingredients separately, you just dump it all in the bowl and mix. And I like that I already had everything on hand, so no grocery store run. They're not overly peanut-buttery, just a hint of the PB flavor. They were actually some of the fluffliest waffles I think I've had. And since it was just me and Charlie eating them, we have the leftovers stocked up in the freezer. Charlie loves waffles for breakfast, so it will be nice to feed him some homemade ones for a while.
Whole-Wheat Peanut Butter Waffles
2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour (I replaced 1 c. with regular flour because I was afraid all whole wheat might make them a little tough, but I bet it would have been fine)
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 T. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 c. whole milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all ingredients. Preheat waffle iron, then spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on your iron.
Yummy, yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment