After our weekend in Iowa, we drove back to Texas with my parents and enjoyed having them here for a week. Somehow, I managed not to take many pictures again, but thankfully my dad is still enjoying his new camera, so I can poach most of his pictures. It was a great week with them. We had a couple nice dinners out on our patio, and they helped me with a lot of gardening (meaning: weeding) that I needed to get done. We ventured out to the zoo one day, but I was so tempted to turn around when we realized all the school buses were going there to. It seemed like every school in the Metroplex had a field trip there that day, yet once we got inside it didn't seem too crowded. I think going to the zoo is one of Charlie's (and my) favorite things to do.



Charlie was thrilled, but a little shy about getting to pet this horse, Ollie. I think he's going to be quite a storyteller, but right now he tells them one word at a time. So in the days following he kept telling us the story of how he met Ollie:
"Doo doo!" (I went to the zoo.)
"Oee!" (I got to pet a horse named Ollie.)
"Kish!" (He gave me a kiss)
"Hat!" (He knocked my hat off)
"Choo chooo!" (Then I rode the train!)




This maybe 1/4 of all the buses that were there.

Nate got into the zoo spirit, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment