Monday, August 24, 2009

A couple other udpates

We now have two mobile little boys in the house. Nate started crawling this month. He scooted for about two weeks, and then started officially crawling. He uses many methods to get around: crawling, scooting, army crawling, up on hands and toes with his behind in the air, rolling...you get the picture. This morning he had pulled up to his knees in his crib, so we promptly lowered his mattress today.

He also has five teeth. His first two (bottom front) came in at exactly six months. Now he also has three on the top.

We think he's getting cuter everyday. He and Charlie like to interact a lot and have a lot of fun together, but lately it's usually ended with Charlie hitting Nate or biting one of his fingers. Ugh! He's been through a couple phases like this before, so I know it will go away soon, but not soon enough!

Charlie seems to be learning a million new words everyday. He likes to identify things by saying, "This is a ____." (Fill in the blank with fire truck, pool, car, firefighter, etc.) His favorite toys right now are some firefighter action figures. It's so fun to watch him with them and hear him say their names. We flew to Iowa this month (more on that later) and the firefighters came with him on the plane. He held them up to the window so they could look out at all the clouds. He even asks to pray for one of them every night.

His favorite thing to do is go to the zoo. We have passes to the Fort Worth Zoo, so we go every few weeks. Today he was playing with some of his farm animals, and I think he was pretending that they were going to the zoo. I love watching him start to do some pretend play.

Charlie starts preschool next week. We will visit his classroom and meet his teachers on Friday. He'll go two days a week. I think he'll really enjoy it (I know I will!).

No comments: