Saturday, March 27, 2010

Firefighter Charlie

Here is Charlie wearing his fire coat, oxygen mask and fire boots.

Then Granny and Gray-Gray dug in their attic and found Dave's old firefighter/"Emergency" gear. Here they're playing with the call box (and it has a defibrillator on the other side)

Now Charlie has a true oxygen mask and tank. They're showing a little of their wear being that they're almost 30 years old, but he loves wearing them around the house.

He's gotten very good at doing his firehouse puzzle and doesn't need much help.

The other day I had promised Charlie a wagon ride if it wasn't raining after his nap, but turns out it was too cold. But I am a woman of my word, so we took a wagon ride around the house, and Charlie quickly dubbed it his fire truck. He'd tell me where the fires were so I could take him there to put them out.

I think it's safe to say he's a little fixated on fire fighting right now. He also has a slide in the backyard that he'll stand on with the garden hose and put out fires. And he climbs on a little outdoor table to rescue people. And whenever we get in the car to go somewhere he says he's getting in his fire truck.

No comments: