Friday, November 02, 2007

Charlie's first Halloween

Charlie and I had a fun and busy Halloween with Sue, Macy, Calvin and Adrienne. It was so fun to see the kids dressed up together. Charlie was a hot dog, Macy was Princess Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean, Calvin was Murray from The Wiggles, and Adrienne was a duck.

It was great to spend time with the kids. Macy was Charlie's age when Dave and I got married, so it's hard to believe how much she's grown up (she'll be 6 in January). I loved watching Macy and Calvin board the school bus, or "Boo Bus!" as Adrienne pronounces it, in the morning and I got to wait for Macy at the bus stop in the afternoon. Adrienne was enamored with Charlie; she was constantly saying "Bay-bee!" She liked to touch him, and tried on many occasions to pick him up even though he's not all that much smaller than her. Calvin was so good with him, too; he gave him lots of kisses. But he was more interested in why Uncle Dave wasn't with me. Each day Calvin asked to talk to Dave on the phone, and he and I would practice saying the state Dave was in that day: "Texas," "Ohio," "Georgia."

Sunday night we went to Sue's church's Halloween festival. Charlie chilled in the stroller the whole time while Macy spent a lot of time in the bounce houses and inflatable obstacle courses. Monday, one of Sue's friends was sweet (and brave) enough to offer to watch all four kids so the two of us could go out for some adult time. It was a fun evening, and we treasured the rare one-on-one time with each other. Trick of Treating was fun on Wednesday. I always love visiting Sue's neighborhood, especially since I know more of her neighbors than I do my own.






No comments: