Thursday, May 26, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame

Day 6 consisted of a trip to see the Roughriders, the minor league affiliate for the Rangers in Frisco. I knew it was going to be a little crazy with it being an 11 am first pitch and the weather being the nicest I can remember in late May in a long time (clear, sunny and 78 degrees). Every school field trip in a 50 mile radius must have been there. But we were up to the challenge. Charlie and Nate are both into baseball right now. Charlie wanted to watch a Rangers blowout instead of the Mavericks' series clinching win over the Lakers. Here are some pics of all the fun.


Homemade hot dogs taste the same as the $4.25 ballpark variety.


Mmmm. Ice cream is cold!


Nate's going to be a little heartbreaker. I think he already knows it.


Charlie really wanted to get into the pitching cage. Didn't throw hard enough to register on the gun but he still got to get some good tosses in.


Charlie shows off his wicked curve ball. Might have a pitcher on our hands.


I think the week's activities are finally catching up with Nate.


Our "no shirt" policy got an early start today - call it happy hour. Lot's of fun playing in the backyard while I made dinner. Couple of daredevils!



No comments: